Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team shares that we all seek vacations in order to escape the troubling mishaps we have at home. Stress, work, restless children, and illness – these are all things we would like to avoid on our vacation. However, it can often be difficult to avoid thinking about these issues, even while traveling.
One major complaint that many travelers have is that they wasted time on their vacation stuck in their hotel room with a stomach bug or other ailment. Truly, nothing is worse than having to spend quality vacation time with an illness.
Regardless of your destination, there are a few factors of travel that may be magnifying your susceptibility to illness: crowded airports and airplanes for germs to spread, contaminated water, or food poisoning from unfamiliar food.
Before you leave for your vacation, it is in your best interest that you consult with our doctor. Your doctor can tell you of any common illnesses in the area in which you will be visiting. Also, your doctor can make a note of your health now in the event that you are not well upon your return.
You should also be sure to bring your doctor’s information with you in addition to your health insurance. Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team says that there is nothing worse than being overseas and not having any of your information readily available in the case of emergency. Assure that you are healthy before your travels – if you are coming down with something then do your best to get healthy before you place yourself amongst many other people.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team knows that now is the time to go on a summer vacation with your loved ones. While there are endless places to travel to around the world, one popular place to go to is the beach. Going on a beach vacation is one of the most beloved summer destinations, and people should take the opportunity to go right now. Although beaches provide never-ending amounts of fun, there are some complaints that may arise during your trip as well. In order to avoid complaints, be sure to follow these pieces of advice.
- Scotch Guard: For those who frequent the beach, you may own your own personal beach umbrella or beach chairs. While these are great to bring to the beach, the sun can cause permanent damage to them. In order to avoid your umbrella or chairs from getting faded or cracked by the sun, spray them with Scotch Guard every once in a while. This should protect your gear from the elements.
- Bathrobes: Instead of just wearing shorts and a shirt to cover yourself up at the beach, bring along a bathrobe. This is a great way to dry off after being in the water, or you can use it to protect yourself from the hot sun.
- Aloe Vera: Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team says that one complaint about being at the beach is the chance of getting sunburned. Even if you use sunscreen, you may be subject to a sunburn. The best way to treat this is to freeze some Aloe Vera in an ice cube tray and use these cubes on your burn.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team says that for those who get to travel abroad, it is a truly wonderful experience. Travelers are able to see a new part of the world that is entirely different from your hometown. Guests can discover new cultures and traditions and learn more about the history of a country. However, while being in a foreign country can create a truly wonderful vacation, there are also some problems that come with it. In order to avoid common complaints when abroad, make sure to check out these great tips.
- Credit card companies: Many credit card companies keep a watchful eye on accounts to make sure that there is no questionable activity occurring. One huge red flag for them is when there are charges made in a foreign country. If this is caught, the company may freeze the account. In order to avoid this from happening, call your credit card company before you travel abroad to let them know the activity occurring is not a scam.
- Avoid shortcuts: Because tourists generally do not know the area too well when in a foreign country, they may be tempted to use shortcuts to get to different places. While it may save you a few minutes, taking shortcuts can also be quite dangerous. If the route is not well lit or is away from crowds of people, it is better to be safe and take a longer route.
- Local emergency numbers: Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team says that travelers should make sure they are prepared with a range of different numbers in case of an emergency. While it is important to know the numbers of your loved ones back at home, make sure you also write down local police stations, hospitals nearby, and the contact information for the US consulate in the area.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team knows that summer is the perfect time to be taking a vacation with the family. This is a great way to spend quality time with your loved ones and explore different parts of the world. While vacationing is terrific and is the perfect way to relieve your stress, there are also some complaints that may come along with it. People may complain about flying, how crowded airports are, that they are bored during car trips, and much more. Another common complaint may involve hotels or other similar accommodations.
One great feature of hotels and resorts is that there are usually safes in each room. This is the perfect place to put your valuable items and store them there while you are out of the room during the day. Many people like to take advantage of this and store their jewelry and electronics in there. However, there have been circumstances that these items have been stolen from the safe. In the event that this happens, hopefully the hotel will cover the expenses. However, when it comes to expensive pieces of jewelry, appraisals might be required in order to receive money. Check the hotel’s policy on this before bringing any expensive items on your trip.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team says that in order to avoid worrying about this all together, just leave the valuables and fancy rings at home. This is the best way to make sure your items stay safe and sound.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team knows that it can oftentimes be difficult to travel when with children. It may be tough for young kids to understand what is going on and why they are stuck in a car or on an airplane for hours on end. You may also run into the problem of children struggling with boredom and not having enough to do. The next time that you take a road trip with children, make sure to follow some of these great tips.
- About a month or so before the trip, make sure that you create some anticipation and excitement for children. You can do this in any number of ways. Put up a calendar on the fridge and mark off each day as the time gets closer to go on vacation. You can also show your little one different pictures and things that you will be doing while on the trip.
- Make the backseat of the car as comfortable as possible. Bring pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals that will make the child feel more at ease and more comfortable while being in the car for long periods of time. You can also play a variety of car games, such as I Spy and the license plate game. Make sure to frequently stop for bathroom breaks and let the kids out to stretch and get some fresh air.
- Finally, Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team recommends that if getting a rental car, make sure that you have called ahead to ensure that they have the proper safety features for children, such as car seats and installation.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team knows that flying is a great way to get to a destination quickly and efficiently. However, one problem that people may encounter when flying on an airplane is jet lag. When people experience this problem, it can result in complaints of being exhausted and achy from being on a long flight. Check out some of the following tips on how to avoid complaints when it comes to jet lag and making sure you are more rested on your vacation.
- One common result of jet lag is being dehydrated. To avoid this, make sure you drink plenty of water when you are flying. Also, try to avoid beverages such as alcohol, tea, coffee, soda, or other caffeinated drinks.
- When on your flight, make sure you eat light. Don’t consume heavy foods that will make you tired and lethargic. You want to make sure that all your energy goes into staying awake and adjusting to your new environment, not digesting that heavy meal that you just ate.
- If you can, exercise as much as possible while you are up in the air. When the seatbelt sign is turned off, try walking up and down the aisle of the plane to keep your blood flow going. It is also recommended to stretch in your seat to avoid cramping up.
- Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team suggests that whenever traveling to a new location, be sure to take it easy at the beginning. On the first day of your vacation, make sure you relax and leisurely stroll around the area.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team knows that summer is the perfect time to travel with the family and jet off to a new destination. One of the primary modes of transportation is to hop on an airplane and fly across the country. While flying is extremely handy and saves a lot of time, there are frequently complaints that center around airplanes and airports. Many people do not enjoy flying for a variety of different reasons. When flying this summer, try following these tips to make your experience more enjoyable.
- Dress comfortably: When flying, try and dress in layers and wear clothes that you will be comfortable in for hours on end. Instead of wearing fashionable but uncomfortable clothes, dress in a pair of cozy sweatpants instead.
- Wear slip on shoes: Walking through the security line can tend to be a little bit overwhelming. In order to go through the line quickly, try to wear slip on shoes that don’t have laces on them. The worst thing to deal with is when you have to tie up your laces as everyone is waiting for you to get out of the way of the security line.
- Bring your own snacks: Although they will not let bottles of water through security, the Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team shares that they will allow you to bring your own food through. If you are going on a long flight and know you will be hungry, bring some of your own snacks. This will ensure that you will be able to eat without having to chow down on the questionable airplane meals.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team knows that there can be a lot of excitement that comes with planning a group trip. It is the ultimate chance for you and your loved ones to have fun adventures together in a new place. However, it is also important in any large group activity to work together and try to prevent conflict so that everyone can have fun and avoid travel complaints. These tips from Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team will help you manage the situation the best you can and enjoy your trip.
- Listen: It is really important when you are planning a trip with a large group of people that you listen to the needs of each person. The last thing that you want is for someone to feel like they aren’t entitled to what they want. Make sure that everyone has a chance to speak while you are planning.
- Ask for what you want without being controlling: If you find yourself taking reins in the planning, you may find that you are either making all the decisions or disregarding your own wants to for the wants of others. These extremes with both lead to conflict, so find a happy medium. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want out of the trip, but consider other ideas as well.
- Compromise: There are going to be limited resources and time, so you aren’t going to be able to do everything. Make sure that each person gets to do the thing that is most important to them on the trip, but also make sure that they are willing to give way on minor things so that everyone can enjoy the trip equally.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Management wants guests to always have a great stay no matter where they go on vacation. However, they do know that there are things may go wrong, or issues that will not allow the guests to have the greatest experiences and that those in the travel industry will want to look out for these so that they can improve guest experiences. For that reason, Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Management highlights these three common guest complaints.
- No free wifi: Most people these days want to be able to access the net wherever they go so that they can stay in touch and get the information that they need quickly and easily. They especially want this when they are far from home, so when hotels do not offer them wifi, or charge them for it, it becomes something that they are going to complain about.
- Poor food choices: This seems like a complaint that comes with resorts or hotels who offer a buffet or free meal but then have very few choices. Nowadays, there are many people with dietary restrictions and others who choose not to eat meat or animal products, and if the food available does not suit these needs, it may be cause for complaint.
- Things not as advertised: Another hugely common complaint is hotels advertising something that does not turn out to be true. This could be the amenities, a promotion, or the proximity of the hotel to popular sites. Guests complain when they do not get what they paid for.
Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team knows that traveling on vacation is a great way to spend time with your children and create unforgettable memories. However, it can sometimes be difficult to travel with children, as it can be both boring and unsettling to sit on a loud airplane. In order to make sure that you have the best possible trip with your children, try some of these suggestions to avoid one particular travel complaint from them.
One of the worst things to experience while flying on an airplane is to have a scared and screaming children with you. Not only is it painful for both you and your child, but for everyone else on the plane. In order to help your child stay calm while flying, there are a few things that you can try. Little ones may frequently complain of the loud and unfamiliar noises they hear while flying, so try and explain to them what is going on. Tell them that it is just the wheels landing on the ground, or the jets preparing for take off. By explaining to them what exactly is going on, they may feel more at ease.
Another way to calm down your child and make them feel more comfortable is bring something that is familiar to them. If your kiddo has something that reminds them of being safe and at home, they may be less likely to fuss and complain. Starpoint Resort Group Complaints Prevention Team says that parents should try bringing along the child’s favorite stuffed animal or blanket to keep them company while flying.